My Guest today is Russell Dalgleish he is a serial Scottish entrepreneur and investor. He is known as a strategist and innovator. In reality, he is a technician and a project manager, he looks at the world through that lens, using those principles to run his life very successful.
He is an advisor to business and governments and is often called on by the media to comment on business issues.
From the beginning, Russell developed an interest in technology and it has allowed the development of a successful international career in the technology sector.
He focuses his efforts on supporting owners and the boards of small and medium-size companies to devise and implement growth strategies to create shareholder value.
Accomplishments and Influence
His portfolio business accomplishments are extensive, if there is a list of businesses influencers, then Russell will be in the top 100 or just outside of it. If you want his full biography, I have copied it below, as there was much to list in this introduction.
My interest in Russell is what drives him, he is fiercely competitive and has been on my podcast radar for a while. I was delighted that he trusted me enough to say yes.
During our conversation, we explore my usual questions, and in return, he put me on the spot.
He has a view on success and the meaning of life, he also has the formula and gives the suggestion as to how you might discover your own.
As ever I hope you enjoy the conversation enough to share it.
[podbean resource=”episode=w3zqj-8fe254″ type=”audio-rectangle” height=”100″ skin=”1″ btn-skin=”107″ share=”1″ fonts=”Helvetica” auto=”0″ download=”0″ rtl=”0″]
How to connect with Russell
Biography: Russell Dalgleish
A Serial Scottish Entrepreneur and Investor, Strategist and Innovator
Russell has enjoyed the benefits of a highly successful international career in the technology sector and now focuses his efforts on supporting owners and boards of small and medium-size companies to devise and implement growth strategies to create shareholder value. In his earlier career, he has held board leadership positions with International companies achieving turnover more than £200m.
Core areas of focus are Leadership, Value Creation and Strategic thinking. He is a regular speaker at events on Leadership in business and has spoken at conferences from Los Angeles to Abu Dhabi.
Russell is founding Managing Partner of the advisory group, Exolta Capital Partners, www.exolta.com and Founding Chairman Scottish Business Network, www.sbn.scot the global network supporting Scottish business leaders. Other roles and accolades,
- Currently holds eight non-exec and board advisory roles with fast-growing business and organisations.
- Member of Scotland Trade Board chaired by Keith Brown, Cabinet Secretary.
- Named as one of the 100 most influential British Entrepreneurs and in three top 100 most influential figures in technology today.
- A member of the Maserati List of business leaders who support the next generation of entrepreneurs.
- Scotland: Board member Institute of Directors Scotland, ScotlandIS, Merchant Company of Edinburgh and Asia Scotland Institute.
- London: Advisor to Tech Advocates and member of the Mentium Group
- International: Board advisor Talent Tech Labs, New York.
- Addressing the gender imbalance in business through his support of the Association of Scottish Business Women and Changing the Chemistry.
- Chairman StartEdin which aims to nurture the city’s thriving and vibrant Tech community and promote Edinburgh internationally.
- Advisor to a range of disruption led companies in UK and US.
- Investor/Advisor Par Equity angel investor fund.
Russell continues to live in Linlithgow, Scotland with his business interests based from London. Not all work – since turning 50 Russell has have developed a passion for endurance events and can often be found at weekends mud splattered clambering over obstacles and “trying to keep up”.
LinkedIn: uk.linkedin.com/in/russelldalgleish/ | Twitter: @russellexolta